- the total surface area of the reactant (solid only)
- the concentration of the reactant (solution only)
- the temperature of the reactant
- presense of catalyst in the reactant
- the pressure of the reactant (gas only)
Total Surface Area
- For same amount of reactant, particles with smaller size has bigger total surface area
- The bigger the total surface area, the higher the rate of reaction
Concentration of SolutionThe higher the concentration, the higher the rate of reaction.
TemperatureThe higher the temperature, the higher the rate of reaction.
CatalystPositive catalyst – Increase the rate of reaction.
Negative catalyst – Reduce the rate of reaction.
- Only affect the reaction involve gas as reactant.
- The higher the pressure, the higher the rate of reaction