- Simple molecular compound
- Macromolecular compound
- Most covalent compounds are made up of independent molecular units, as shown in figure above.
- The attraction force between molecules is the weak Van der Waals’ force.
Properties of Simple Covalent Molecular Substances - Small Molecules!
- The intermolecular force between the simple covalent molecules is very weak. Therefore, covalent compounds have low melting and boiling point.
- They are also poor conductors of electricity because there are no free electrons or ions in any state to carry electric charge.
- Most small molecules will dissolve in a solvent to form a solution.