- Potassium, sodium and ammonium salts are usually prepared through the reactions of acids with alkalis.
- Reaction acid with alkali will produce salt and water.
Acid + Alkali → Salt + Water
- The salt is prepared by titration method of acid and alkali using an indicator.
Steps to Prepare the Salts of Potassium, Sodium and Ammonium through Titration
Step 1 – Titration to Find the End Point
- The end point is the point in a titration at which the 2 reactants have completely reacted.
- An endpoint is often marked by a color change.
Step 2 – Titrate Without Indicator
- The product obtain in step 1 is contaminate by the indicator.
- The reaction is repeated by using the same amount of reactants as in step 1, without using any indicator.